Welcome to Nutribug
We manufacture quality edible insect products.
Enjoyed around the world, insects are delicious, nutritious, and sustainable. They are high in protein and use less of our precious planet’s resources to farm.
In our state-of-the-art production facility, we produce high-protein, premium insect powders, whole roasted insects, and other insect-infused foods for human consumption. We are GHPs and HACCP certified. We also offer OEM services.
Why Eat Cricket Powder or edible Insects?
1. They are highly nutritious: packed full of vitamins, minerals, proteins and healthy fats like omega 3
2. Crickets are one of the most environmentally friendly sources of high-quality protein available.
3. Crickets contain:
- As much vitamin B12 as Salmon.
- 15% more iron than spinach.
- More calcium than milk.
- All nine essential amino acids.
4. They help reduce Global Warming: Crickets produce 80% less methane than other animal protein sources.
5. Crickets require 6 x less feed than cattle, 4 x less than sheep, and 2 x less than pigs to produce the same amount of protein.
6. Crickets consume considerably less water than other protein sources: an average family of 4 eating food made with cricket protein one day per week for one year instead of traditional protein sources save the earth 650,000 liters of freshwater annually.
7. According to some research, chitin, the insoluble fiber found in crickets and other insects, may benefit gut health. Chitin is said to act as a prebiotic, promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut.