Welcome to Nutribug, the British company that makes food from nutritious bugs!
From pure sustainable cricket protein powder through to innovative rice pasta made with cricket flour, we make it all and more…
Why Eat Cricket Powder/Insects?
1. Highly nutritious: packed full of vitamins, minerals, proteins and healthy fats like omega 3
2. Crickets are the most environmentally friendly source of high protein available
3. Crickets contain as much vitamin B12 as Salmon, 15% more iron than spinach, more calcium than milk and all 9 essential amino acids
4. Reduce Global Warming: Crickets produce 80% less methane than other animal protein sources.
5. Crickets require 6 x less feed than cattle, 4 x less than sheep and 2 x less than pigs to produce the same amount of protein
6. Crickets consume considerably less water than other protein sources: an average family of 4 eating food made with cricket protein 1 day per week for 1 year instead of traditional sources of protein saves the earth 650,000 litres of fresh water per year.